Lots to do at the Mer Sable Soleil campsite
Actitivities for all the family
Loads of ideas for leisure activities at our campsite
From Easter to Halloween, every Sunday is SANGRIA night! And every Wednesday there’s a themed meal with entertainment!
July and August Children’s entertainment, pétanque competitions, face-painting, and more.
Children come first
3-star campsite Mer Sable Soleil has been awarded the ‘Famille Plus’ label in recognition of the great family holidays we provide! We promise to make sure all the family has an unforgettable time here.
There are lots of things for kids to do:
- Free creative workshop for 5-12 year olds (July and August) open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 12 noon – A place for kids to meet and make new friends!
- Free face-painting in July and August at 6 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays – Sandrine transforms her ‘clients’ of all ages into funny-looking characters!!!
- Children’s play area open throughout the day with double slide, see-saw, turreted play frame and mini climbing wall
- Library and relaxation area in Reception with board games available. You can borrow them to take back to your accommodation.
- Games room
- TV room with giant screen and cinema seating, showing children’s channels and cartoons
- Unmissable Halloween party: Dressing up, trail to hunt for sweets, and themed evening party
Come to Mer Sable Soleil campsite for your holidays to guarantee that your children have the time of their lives!
And there’s more:
- Pétanque competitions – you can borrow balls if you don’t have your own! No-one goes home without a prize!
- 2 ping pong tables – one indoors and one outside. Bring your table tennis bats! (or borrow some from Reception)
- Get back into shape in our weights room
- Bicycle hire: Remember to book in advance! Our bikes are in high demand
- Standup Paddle rental – For an unforgettable excursion along the Leucate cliffs Leave from just opposite the campsite
- Zen Tranquillity Miniature Golf
Things to do in the surrounding area
Stay up to date with Campsite News! For all the latest, see our regularly-updated news page and find out about what’s happening in the region.
- Mondial du Vent: From 16/04 to 24/04/2016 Once again Leucate La Franqui welcomes elite kitesurfers and windsurfers to this competition held during the Easter holidays!
- Sol Y Fiesta from 05/05 to 8/05/2016. Every year,the weekend following Ascension Day sees Leucate Village transformed into an open-air theatre for 3 days of spectacular festivities.
- Voix d’Etoiles: from 22/10 to 30/10/2016. The Voix d’Etoiles Festival showcases the voices and sound packages of film animation.
Other sports activities available near the campsite
You can go swimming (municipal indoor heated pool), water skiing, scuba diving, horse riding (ranch 500 m away), wind karting, speed-sailing (15 km long route, the only one on the Mediterranean), mountain-biking (route maps available from Reception), kitesurfing (many schools nearby), windsurfing and funboarding with the CVCL and Wesh Center Crew schools that offer: courses, lessons, rental, tests… Beginners’ and improvers’ sessions on this year’s equipment!
Go exploring the region around the campsite
- Whizz along in a wind kart at Coussoules in La Franqui
- Enjoy a breathtaking view over the Canigou from the heights of Leucate Castle
- Stride along the cliffs at Cap Leucate
- Marvel at the ‘Whale in the Wine Cellar’ at Port-la-Nouvelle
- Visit the Fitou oil mill
- Visit the Oulibo olive oil cooperative and sample their wares in the ‘oil cellar’
- Change wine into sparkling soda at Névian
- Go on a bike tour around the city of Narbonne
- Savour a ‘Cargolade’ in Lou Courtal des Vidals restaurant
- Visit the Durban botanical gardens
- Art and painting activities with l’étangd’art in Bages
- Glide along the Canal du Midi in a traditional narrowboat or electric boat
- Unlock the mystery of the ‘Abyss of the Oeil Doux’
- Stroll among the dry stone huts and wind turbines in Fitou
- – and lots more!
And for younger guests:
- In Leucate: Leucate Aventure, l’Ile aux Loisirs, the little train, Les Ateliers du Vent, the kids’ park, an amusement park, Les Dauphins beach club
- In the local area: Sigean African wildlife park, St André fun farm, Tropique butterfly gardens, Valley of the Tortoises, the 1,000 flowers Maze, the Valmy ornithological park with its eagles, and more.
Mer Sable Soleil offers activities and ideas for excursions to suit everyone!